New School Readiness (SR) Provider Information
Thank you for your interest in becoming a provider with the Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County.
Process for Becoming a School Readiness (SR) Provider:
The School Readiness Program is state and federally funded and designed to offer child care financial assistance to low-income families who are working or full time students. The program prepares children to become ready for school, assists families in becoming financially self-sufficient, and provides parents with information about quality early learning and child development.
School Readiness Contracts must now be completed on the ELCPBC Provider Portal. You can find detailed instructions on the features and use of the portal in the Provider Portal Manual. Helpful video tutorials are also available here. When you are a School Readiness Provider, it is important to know the responsibilities outlined in the Provider Contract and to be up to date on any new regulations. Please review the entire contract to ensure you are in full compliance with all of aspects of the contract.
- Provider contact the Coalition's Provider Services team about becoming a School Readiness provider.
- Provider submits completed W-9, Public Rate Sheet, license or exemption letter, and contact information to Provider Services.
- Coalition's Provider Services team establishes an account in the ELCPBC Provider Portal and emails provider their newly created log-in information.
- Provider creates their account and completes the applicable School Readiness contract with attachments/amendments, uploading all additional documentation as required within the ELCPBC Provider Portal.
- Coalition's Provider Services team reviews supporting documentation and certifies School Readiness contract.
- Provider is eligible to accept School Readiness funded enrollments.
Different Types of Child Care Providers Eligible to Provide School Readiness Services:
- Registered Family Child Care - Cares for no more than 6 children based on state ratio guidelines.
- Licensed Large Family Child Care - Cares for no more than 12 children based on state ratio guidelines; has one employee/assistant.
- Licensed Child Care Center - Cares for children based on state ratio guidelines, with capacity calculated by square footage.
- Licensed Exempt Child Care Center - Cares for children based on state ratio guidelines; either a school-age program only, or is an accredited religious exempt provider.
- Public School - Meets guidelines set forth by the Department of Education (DOE).
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How will I know what my city or county requires as far as a Business Tax Certificate or License?
Please contact your city or county and ask what is required to operate a business within city/county limits.
- If I only want to watch a few children, do I really have to get liability insurance? What does "additional insured" mean on the liability certificate and how do I update that?
Yes. Liability insurance is a requirement of participating in the School Readiness program and a requirement of the School Readiness agreement/contract. The Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County, Inc. (ELCPBC) has additional coverage if there is any issue that results in a claim of liability. You should contact your insurance provider for validation and to add "Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County" as an additional insured on your certificate prior to submitting this documentation.
- What if I want to use my own developed curriculum?
The Florida Officer of Early Learning (OEL) will review all curricula materials. For more information on how to submit your curriculum to OEL, please visit their School Readiness (SR) curriculum page here or feel free to contact our Provider Warmline at 561-214-7426.
- I only have weekly rates. How do I determine my daily rate?
For your School Readiness or Children's Services Council (CSC) Scholarship agreements/contracts, please take the weekly rate and divide it by five to determine the daily rate. If you have additional questions regarding the rates, please feel free to contact our Provider Services team.